And to think, all some GPSs do is navigate.
Add global two-way communication to your DeLorme PN-60w handheld GPS. With the PN-60w’s internal keyboard and message screen, you can write outbound messages and view inbound messages — with no need for a smartphone.
*This item is currently out of stock.
- Connect wirelessly via ZigBee
- Compose email or SMS address on the fly, or select from inReach address book
- Compose and send messages using PN-60w internal keyboard
- View inbox
- Post to Facebook or Twitter
- Interactive SOS
- Describe your situation in detail to improve emergency response
- Stay in touch for mutual status updates on your situation
- Automatic location updates
- User-selected tracking interval (10 minutes to 4 hours)
- Improve positional accuracy to within 5 meters
- View tracking breadcrumbs online
- Navigate with confidence using DeLorme Topo North America maps, DeLorme Digital Atlas of the Earth maps or NOAA Charts included with the PN-60w device
- Full U.S. and Canada coverage
- Superior terrain, back road, and trail details plus points of interest
- Dimensions: 3.4" H (4.77" including antenna), 2.85" W, 1.73" D; 8.6 cm H (12.1 cm including antenna), 7.2 cm W, 4.4 cm D
- Weight: 7 oz (198 g) without batteries; 8 oz (227 g) with 2 lithium batteries
- Waterproof and dustproof (IP68) and buoyant (it floats)
- Impact-resistant (Mil STD 810F)
- Operating temperature: −20°C to 70°C (−4°F to 158°F)
- Storage temperature: −45°C to 75°C (−49°F to 167°F)
- SOS locking mechanism complies with RTCM SC-128 for satellite emergency notification devices (SEND); prevents false alarms and supports one-handed gloved operation
- GPS chipset for remote tracking and embedding location coordinates in all sent messages. Accuracy +/− 5 meters
- GPS fix reports position, speed, course, and elevation with each track or message sent
- Uses two AA lithium batteries (included)
- Lithium batteries provide the best performance and are strongly recommended. Alkaline and NiMH batteries also supported
- Battery life: 125 hours (lithium) sending one-track point every 10 minutes; results will vary depending on usage conditions
- inReach 2-way communicator with GPS
- USB to micro-USB cable for firmware updates
- 2 AA lithium batteries
- Quick Start Guide
- Activation and SOS information card
- GEOS search and rescue information
There is a one-time activation charge of $19.95. In addition, you need to choose a subscription plan that best fits your needs. You can also move up and down between the plans based on their seasonal activity. There is no charge for moving to a higher-priced plan, but there is a $24.95 charge for moving down.
|Safety Plan||Recreation Plan||Expedition Plan|
|Annual (12 Months)||$9.95 Monthly||$24.95 Monthly||$49.95 Monthly|
|Seasonal (4-month minimum)||N/A||$39.95 Monthly||$64.95 Monthly|
|Predefined Messages from inReach||10 per month shared with Messages||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Messages||10 per month shared with Predefined Messages||40 per month||120 per month|
|Overage||$1.50 per message||$0.50 per message||$0.25 per message|
NOTE: These plans are for individual consumers in the U.S. and EU only.
- Canadian customers can find information at inreachcanada.com.
- Australia, New Zealand, and Indonesia customers can find information at http://alwaysinreach.com.au/index.php/product-info/11-service/15-rates