There are many reasons to choose inReach to stay in touch when traveling outside of cell phone range.
- Send and receive messages. inReach is the most affordable satellite communicator that allows you to both send and receive messages.
- SOS delivery confirmation. With inReach, you will know that your SOS alert has been received and help is on the way.
- Interactive SOS messaging. You can have a two-way text conversation with GEOS, the 24/7 search and rescue monitoring center. This allows you to describe the nature of your distress in detail, answer questions from GEOS, and stay in communication throughout the rescue process.
- Easy, convenient messaging. Only inReach has the ability to send and receive text messages either on-screen on the device (SE model) or in paired mode with your mobile device.
- 100% global coverage. Unlike other popular satellite communicators, inReach uses the Iridium network, which has no black-out zones anywhere on earth.
- Unlimited access to downloadable maps. Through Earthmate, users have unlimited access to free downloadable topographic maps and NOAA charts.
How inReach compares to other satellite communicators.
|inReach SE||SPOT Gen3||EPIRBs/PLBs|
|Coverage||100% Global||Most Land Masses||Nearly Global|
|Two-Way Text Messaging||Yes||No||No|
|Interactive Global SOS||Yes||No||No|
|Message Delivery Confirmation||Yes||No||No|
|GPS Tracking and Sharing||Yes||No||No|
|Access to Downloadable Topo Maps||Yes||No||No|
|Pairs with Mobile Devices||Yes||No||No|
inReach in a nutshell.
There’s a lot to know and love. Here’s where you
get all the details.